It was an excellent evening with several hundred Festival Champions and Masters of Warwickshire Province lodges present. We were able to hear from some truly inspirational speakers from charities supported by Masonic charity.
The Provincial aim is to raise £2.5 million for the Masonic Charitable Foundation over the next 5 years and during the launch and subsequent group discussions it was agreed this could be achieved by such means as:
- Encouraging Regular Giving for this most worthy cause by every Brother by safe and convenient modest monthly Direct Debit
- Taking the opportunity of having at least one raffle a year at each Lodge for the Festival
- Making the MCF and Festival 2023 the chosen charity at each Installation meeting at each Lodge for the next 5 years
- Having a brief update on progress of Festival 2023 as part of agenda for each regular meeting
- Brethren working with their Festival Champion on fund raising ideas and events that will provide fun and enjoyment
- All brethren being helpful and positive in supporting the Festival aims and their Lodge Festival Champion and coming up with good ideas to help their Lodge meet the desired target.
Each Lodge will be provided with a target based on membership and Lodges will be combined with other Lodges to help support each other. I have attached a leaflet for your information, please take a moment to review this. It provides an introduction to the Festival and serves as a reminder of the great work the MCF does and why it is such a worthy charity to support.
David Macey, PGM, hopes to see everyone in the Province getting involved in supporting the Festival and that we not only use tried and trusted means of raising funds but also new ways and new events to ensure all Brethren, their families and friends participate, contribute and have fun, making the MCF their charity of choice.
You can sign up and set up your regular giving direct debit on the festival website, visit: www.mcf.org.uk/festival/warkwickshire-2023-festival
UGLE are prompt in confirming by letter to your home address. Any modest amount – say £5 or £10 each month – will be seen as significant support and is no more than foresaking 2 or 3 pints a month, or 3 or 4 cups of coffee a month at the average Starbucks or Costa Coffee! Just a tiny sacrifice could help you to give a magnificent £300 or £600 over 5 years!
With your support I hope our lodge will beat our target.
Fortior Lodge 6172